Booking Conditions for Scottish Courses
To book a course you'll need to do three things:-
1. Please read the full Booking Conditions below, there are only 12!
2. Print a Booking Form (PDF) or Booking Form (.DOC). Then fill it in, sign it, and return it by either post or email attachment.
3. Pay a 50% deposit per person. You can either send us a cheque OR request a PayPal invoice by email OR send the funds via a bank transfer. For either Paypal or Bank Transfer just email us and we'll let you know what to do next. With Paypal you don't have to register and you can use your credit or debit card.
Valid from 1st May 20161. Your booking is made with John Biggar t/a ANDES, 37a St Andrew Street, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbrightshire, DG7 1EN, Scotland. John Biggar is the sole proprietor of ANDES. VAT number is GB 751 2817 38
2. Your booking will be confirmed when I have received a completed booking form and a deposit of 50% of the course cost per person Bookings made less than two months before the course date must be paid in full.
3. The balance you owe John Biggar t/a ANDES for guiding/leadership fees must be paid two months before the course starts.
4. Cancellation charges are as follows: More than two months notice - Deposit only. One to two months notice - 75% of cost. Less than one months notice - 100% of cost.
5. If I have to cancel a course for any reason all money paid to John Biggar t/a ANDES will be refunded in full.
6. The minimum number of customers required to run most of these courses is either two (climbing & skiing) or three (winter skills). Two months before the course I'll let you know if there are insufficient numbers to run the course you are booked on. You can then choose between a full refund, postponement, or a free transfer to another course. I recommend that you do not book rail-fares, flights or other transport until we have reached the minimum numbers required.
7. All customers must be insured. Please send a copy of your insurance policy as soon as possible after booking. I recommend having general travel insurance in place for other eventualities such as illness, theft, curtailment etc.
8. Baggage and personal effects are at all times at the customers risk.
9. It is understood and acknowledged by the customer and their heirs that the courses John Biggar t/a ANDES organise are all potentially hazardous as they involve adventurous travel in mountainous terrain and other remote areas. All risks and hazards of moving in such remote and dangerous areas are assumed by the customer on signing the declaration and the customer and their heirs release John Biggar t/a ANDES from any liability in connection with the above risks whatsoever. It is a condition of booking that the customer has read and accepted the risk assessment relevant to the course booked.
10. John Biggar t/a ANDES will not be responsible for any delays or alterations to the stated itineraries caused by illness, weather, strikes, political events or any other circumstances clearly beyond our control.
11. Customers must be reasonably fit and competent for the chosen activity as detailed in the course information pages. Anyone who falls so far short of this condition as to frustrate the ambitions or endanger the health of other customers will be asked to withdraw from the course without refund. Any aggressive, abusive or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. Any client who acts in these ways will be removed from the course without refund.
12. It is necessary that all customers follow instructions and guidance given by their leader and abide by their leaders decisions and in signing the declaration the customer agrees to do so.
2. I won't pass on your email address, land address or phone number to anyone, anywhere, without your permission. Ever.
Booking Form (PDF)
Booking Form (DOC)