Booking Conditions for Scottish Courses
To book a course you'll need to do three things:-
1. Please read the full Booking Conditions below, there are only 13!
2. Copy or print a Booking Form (PDF) or Booking Form (.DOC). Fill it in, sign it, and return it by either terrestrial post or email attachment.
3. Pay a 50% deposit per person. You can either send us a cheque OR request a PayPal invoice OR send the funds via a bank transfer. For either Paypal or Bank Transfer just email and we'll let you know what to do next. With Paypal you don't have to register and you can use your credit or debit card.
Valid from 1st June 2018.1. Your booking is made with John Biggar 93 Queen Street, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbrightshire, DG7 1EH, Scotland. VAT number is GB 751 2817 38 (John Biggar t/a ANDES)
2. Your booking will be confirmed when I have received a completed booking form and a deposit of 50% of the course cost per person Bookings made less than two months before the course date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
3. The balance you owe John Biggar for guiding/instructional fees must be paid two months before the course starts.
4. Cancellation charges are as follows: More than two months notice - Deposit only. One to two months notice - 75% of cost. Less than one months notice - 100% of cost.
5. I strongly recommend having insurance in case you have to cancel. We do not offer refunds if you are unable to travel to the course venue due to illness, bad weather or winter travel conditions.
6. If I cancel a course for any reason, including weather or winter travel conditions, all money paid to John Biggar will be refunded in full.
7. In terms of the "Package Travel Regulations 2018" I am not selling "package holidays" or "linked travel arrangements". Fee is for guiding/instructional services only. There is no VAT element on most of our courses as they are educational mountain safety courses.
8. The minimum number of customers required to run most of these courses is either two (climbing & skiing) or three (winter skills). Two months before the course I'll let you know if there are insufficient numbers to run the course on which you are booked. You can choose between a full refund, postponement, or a free transfer to another course. I recommend that you do not book rail-fares, flights or other transport until your course have reached the minimum numbers required, or you have written confirmation from me that it will run anyway.
9. Personal equipment and personal effects are at all times at the customers risk.
10. It is understood and acknowledged by the customer and their heirs that courses and guided days organised by John Biggar are all potentially hazardous as they involve adventurous travel in mountainous terrain. It is a condition of booking that the customer has read and accepted the risk assessment relevant to the course booked.
11. John Biggar will not be responsible for any delays or alterations to the course length, content or venues caused by illness, bad weather, winter travel conditions, strikes or any other circumstances clearly beyond our control.
12. Customers must be reasonably fit and competent for the chosen activity as detailed in the course information pages. Anyone who falls so far short of this condition as to frustrate the ambitions or endanger the health of other customers will be asked to withdraw from the course without refund. Any aggressive, abusive or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. Any client who acts in these ways will be removed from the course without refund.
13. It is necessary that all customers follow instructions and guidance given by their instructor and abide by their instructors decisions and in signing the declaration the customer agrees to do so.
2. I won't pass on your email address, land address or phone number to anyone, anywhere, without your permission. Ever.
Booking Form (PDF)
Booking Form (DOC)